Is Texas a "Southwestern" or a "Southern" state? Well, I've been asking that since I started planning out a, well you guessed it, a theme park of sorts. It was just a fun project based on American history. Anyway, I was designating different lands to locations and their history. For example, the Independence Alley land would be based on Philadelphia in the mid-1770's. So I did places like New Orleans, the Caribbean, California, Mexico, Canada, and Florida with no issue and then a big chunk of the map of Texas was disputed territory.
Did Texas belong to Mexico? After all, the Battle of the Alamo happened in 1836 during the Texas Revolution when Texas was still under Mexican control and you can't exclude that history from this history-based theme park. Did Texas count as Southern? After all, it joined the Confederacy and the areas surrounding Houston are no less swampy than the bayous and marshes of Louisiana. Lastly, did was Texas a Southwestern state? After all, Texas was the stereotypical cowboy country with a history of outlaws and ranchers.
There is a dispute over Texas's classification in the United States. People in the Northern United States consider it to be a southern state, occasionally citing the allegiance Texas took during the American Civil War. Southerners are divided as well as Southwesters. In fact, I consider it to be both and that's what makes Texas so unique that I made it its own land in my mental theme park.
In my opinion, it's a southern state,
In my opinion, it's a southern state,
No comments:
Post a Comment